Saturday, October 6, 2007

On the road again

Caught by the exploration bug, Chris and I took the boys out for another ride in the forest. The trails we found this time were amazing, and so many of them -- we really had our pick. Like the Colorado trip, this is again a snapshot of horses' butts while riding. I really need to learn how to take better photos while atop a horse.
At one point we ended up in a neighborgood (get it, NEIGH-borhood?!) on a paved road. No one seemed to mind. One woman even called out from her window to see if she could come bring the boys some apples. Chris, as you can see below, spent a little time on the phone (I basically took this photo to make myself feel better about the fact that I'm not the only one who does this.)

Then things got interesting. After riding and riding and riding (and hearing what I'm sure was a crazy chainsaw murderer chasing us thru the woods) we ended up on a road. Well, we THOUGHT we knew where we were, but alas, we did not. Here, Chris and Pilot navigate an intersection.

We finally had to flag down a car to ask the driver where the heck we were. I was sure he was going to say we were in Connecticut. Anyhow, we got on our merry way, having to walk over 30 minutes back on the road! Once again, it was a great trip and the boys were real troopers who got lots of apples and snacks upon their return. I was exhausted and all I had to do was sit there!

No comments: