Monday, December 10, 2007

Uncle George


After the ride, and after the Hanukkah celebration, it was off to Worcester to pick up my newest foster, Uncle George. Poor Uncle George must have had a tough life, as he lived outside, suffered from heartworm, and somewhere along the line lost an eye. But what a sweet dog he is! He is extremely skinny and I can see every rib, but he's a great eater and I'm sure we'll fatten him up in no time. He also came on the transport (another 20-leg journey from Tennessee) with a very cute blue sweater to help him brave the elements. He's a vey good boy with the most wrinkly legs -- like bunchy old lady nylons! Love Uncle George!
On another note, Artie went to his new home on Thursday and I think he'll be very happy there. The new family is semi-retired and will therefore be home with Artie a lot. He got to sleep in bed with them his first night and when I spoke with his new "mom" on Friday she said, "We're madly in love." Hooray for Artie!

No comments: