Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fear Factor on the Ziprider

This weekend was the annual trip to NH with Gary's friends, some of whom have gone every year for 14 years. On Saturday, Gary, Joanna & Craig and I headed over to Wildcat to check out the Ziprider. Let's just say that we weren't all sold on the idea, but after lots of watching and convincing, we all did it. Below, Joanna looks on as other riders zoom past.
The ride is about 50 seconds long and goes about 45mph while the rider is suspended in a flimsy harness off a cable.

Craig and Joanna hustle off the chair lift.


Once at the top, Joanna makes peace with the situation at hand.
Here, Craig gets strapped in as he and Joanna ready for take-off. Apparently he mooned me and Gary from the bottom while he waited for us to take our turn. Sadly, I missed the show.


And this is basically the view from the top. I'll say this much: It's steep. I couldn't get any photos going down, but click here for a video that someone else posted.

Now, to the best part. When I was looking online for additional photos online tonite, I came across this notice on the mountain's website posted yesterday -- they day we went: "The ZipRider will not be open the remainder of today Saturday October, 20th or tomorrow Sunday October 21st. Unfortunately, the retrieval system that performs the necessary function of moving empty chair safety harnesses back to our starting deck is currently inoperable. We are working to repair as quickly as possible. Please check back here to know when the ZipRider will fly again." NICE!!!! Let's just say after reading that I doubt I'll be zipping again!

1 comment:

Charline said...

The thought of that whole situation makes me want to poop my pants...