Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Is that a horse on my lawn?

Some people see deer on their lawns; others find wild turkeys. If you live in Lancaster and saw a couple of horses traipsing through your front yard and down your driveway, well I do apologize.

This afternoon Shereen joined me and Oliver, and Chris and Pilot the Brave for an exploration in the town forest. Chris and I had ridden out over the weekend but dead-ended after about 45 minutes. Today I served as the walking trailblazer with the 2 mounted pioneers behind me. It was simply gorgeous. Not hot, no bugs, and Oliver and Pilot were incredibly calm and happy throughout, including the walk back on the road by the dairy farm.

It was a great afternoon (even if Oliver had his nose pretty much in my pocket the entire trip trying to steal his cookies.) We walked for just over an hour. Oh those horsies are just amazing.

To view where we went, just zoom and drag around to the right of the arrow where you see all the trees. Do you see the painted pony?!


View Larger Map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to go play.