Sunday, September 9, 2007

Adventures in gymland

It happened again. I joined a gym. Unlike previous attempts at hard-core fitness, this time I have a few gym buddies with whom I can share my misery... er, fun. To begin with, I got Gary to sign up with me (got a good 'couples' rate) and then Dena, my morning walking buddy and her soon-to-be husband, Frank, are also members. It's a good little club (tho I miss the individual TVs my fancy Boston gyms provided) and the big plus -- it's close to home. So with two days already behind us, I feel quite mighty. And sore. The broken wrist (tho healed from my last surgery a year ago) is so stiff and uncomofortable. I had a hard time with push-ups before.... impossible now. And the current broken toe -- well, let's just say working out doesn't exactly agree with it. But I'm pushing thru the pain and treated myself to some cute new shorts. Is it bad that we stopped at Dunkin' after class???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah for Gyms!!!! I am so glad you joined! Fun times!

August Bound! said...

Gyms are so overrated....I just like to keep my expired membership cards on my keychain to make people think I belong to one! Great place for people watching!!!
Have fun!
~Your ex-Mighty gym partner

Charline said...

I just ate a whole sleeve of rollos on the couch....and I'll do it again too!