Saturday, August 11, 2007

Adventures at the Lake

It's not often you go to the lake, in search of some rest and relaxation, only to find out that your day of sunning is also the day of the local church beach fest. We're talking those giant blow up jumpy things for kids, blaring music and scripture, and yes, countless baptisms. I know I'll likely be struck down for taking photos of this, but there were all sorts of family members doing the same, so I guess I just blended in. I don't know about you, but I've never attended a baptism where all the guests are in their bathing suits.

Here's the actual dunking (btw, if you've been folliwing my posts, I clearly have a fascination with all things dunkable.)


As always, this particular lake affords what is quite possibly the best people watching in the Commonwealth. Highlights included the family that filled their cups and drank lake water for a mid-afternoon refreshment. And the rabbi that appeared out of nowhere and decided to offer some sort of blessing to a newborn... right there on the beach. Who knew the beach was such a multi-tasking venue?!

The other highlight of the day came when we ordered lunch from the local sandwich/pizza shop, Lake Pizza. I loved that they even had a "specialty pizza" listed on the menu as Lake Pizza. I can only guess what's on it... straight from the lake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are very excited about dunking...and also Canada. You should see the post my friend allison put under your last canada comment... We actually have a friend who goes by "Hutch" (last neme Hutchinsen) and she thinks it's him. Which adds to the madness. I love it! I would like to be dunked while is a hutch while visiting Canada, and that's that!