Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Say Cheese!

Cheese, glorious cheese....! Yes, that's what Wisconsin is all about, and I have to say, it's a wonderful thing. From cheese blocks, to cheese whips and cheese curds, it was definitely one of the highlights! Not to be outdone, however, Midwest airlines is a force to be reckoned with. Aside from the fact that it's a no lines, no waiting airline AND they held the plane so our luggage could join us, they serve not one but TWO freshly-baked, still-warm chocolate cookies to every passenger! As if the extra-roomy seats weren't enough of a treat, they give tasty desserts! I was mighty impressed. (I wasn't, however, so thrilled with the prop plane that seated all of about 10 people. But that's all behind us now...)

We spent the weekend at Cindy's cottage on Lake Michigan and did a lot of relaxing, cheese eating, wine drinking and hot tub soaking. Here we are out at dinner. No cheese, buy tasty wine. Note the wall decoration that looks like it's on my head. Like some Vegas show girl.

And speaking of my head, check out this fancy little number below.

As luck would have it, I got to meet up with my brother, David, and his family. I hadn't seen them in a year, so it was great seeing them after all this time. The kids are hilarious and, as always, thrilled to see their "Ant Hill." (Get it, like ANT-HILL?!)

Anyhow, we had fun tooling around in their groovy van and buying matching sweatshirts.

Hooray for trips! And huge kudos to my super husband who did his own version of that TV show, "While You Were Out." While I was off eating cheese, he re-did our office, complete with new paint, new furniture and a new home for all the hockey gear that once inhabited this space! I was floored, to say the least... Kinda makes me worried that he's got a big trip coming up next month -- what do I do to top this one? Buy a new house?!

1 comment:

jellyfish said...

I flew Midwest Airlines 10 years ago and had the same reaction!
It was awesome.
I'm glad to hear that it STILL is, even after these 10 years of devastating decline in airline service.
No lines you say?
I remember the choc. chip cookies, but also steak and silverware with a real knife, little salt and pepper shakers, and real linen napkins!
good to know
sg