Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Flip the Flops!


Sara came up with a genius game yesterday, and we worked on perfecting our skills today at lunch. It's a simple time-passer that combines equal parts of luck and physics. The rules are simple. Define a target point. In the above photo it's the center of the circle on the bricks. Each person then flips her flop -- right off her foot -- and tries to get as close to the center of the target as possible. We are currently working on a study of velocity and inertia based on our various rubber, wood and canvas footwear. Think of it as horseshoes... only with your own shoes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously??? waaaaaay tooooo much time on your hands. Try eating ice cream during lunch, maybe even a margarita but flip the flops? scary

Anonymous said...

I am slightly embarassed to call you a friend right now... well not really I am jealous I didn't come up with it first!

Anonymous said...

I love your game! If I mail you my flip-flops, will you take my turn for me and let me know how I did?