Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cowgirl Up


Celebrating her much-belated birthday with me, Emily came up today to cash in on her gift certificate for a trail ride at Bobby's Ranch. Laura had given this to Micaela for her birthday as well, so they came along too with Scott, Nina and Brenna. It was a great ride, even if the horse I rode was kind of a puke. Anyhow, my love affair with miniature horses blossomed when we pulled into the parking lot and there was a darling mini. Posing like a flamingo.

Now, let me put his size into perspective with this photo of Emily and the mini. Quite a cute little nugget, isn't he?! I think he came up to my knees. I don't know who really rides him. Infants, I guess.

And just when you thought these things couldn't get any smaller, then comes the mini mini, pictured here with Brenna. Like me, I think she was amazed that this creature was real.

Silly Mini Mini. He's just a free romaing kinda guy, who muscles his way over to steal water from Big Mini's water bucket. And talk aboutt their crazy hair.


We then hopped on (our full-sized horses) and went for our ride... a big group, but fun and quite nice in the shade. As if I didn't have enough photos of horses' butts from the Colorado trip, here's one more of Emily on Ritz.

Afterwards, it was off to the pool. I would have posed for the photo but I forgot my goggles (and, alas, my bikini.)

It was only a matter of time before Bosco took the plunge.

Woops. He didn't mean it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHH!! My friend Missy and I pass by baby mini's up near our school!She goes out of her way to drive by them as often as possible!! Can you stand how little they are? I'm sure we could fit them right in the hutch, if we had one. I passed your page on to Missy so she could see the little ones!

Anonymous said...

I hope that old saying the camera adds 10 pounds is true otherwise poor bosco is in for a serious diet. Im surprised he didnt sink like a rock. my poor boss.